NR - NR-Heraldry Help needed-Please!

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Tue Sep 19 23:19:43 PDT 2000

LdyCalais at aol.com wishes definitions:

> 1. Per fess (divided in halves horizontally) wavy (with the division line
undulating like shallow sine waves), tenne (orange--a post-period color) and
sable (black). (This one is all 'field'--background, with no 'charges'
(objects or shapes) on it.)
>    2. Argent (white background), a bend (stripe from corner to corner,
usually top left to bottom right) sinister (in this case top right to bottom
left) purpure (purple) between two oranges (rondels tenne) (orange circles).
>    3. Per pall inverted (per gore), gules, azure and or. (A pall is a 'Y"
shape.  A division per pall is a field split into three sections as if the
'Y' hit the three corners of the shield and met just above the center of the
shield.  A division per pall inverted is this turned upside down, so there
are right and left upper and centered lower section.  The colors are listed
top to bottom and left to right, so these are gules (red) in left upper,
azure (blue) in right upper, and or (yellow) in center lower.  Again, this is
all field and no charges.  This is not a division 'per gore' and there's no
such thing.  Ignore that parenthetic statement.
>    4. Argent (white field), between two flaunches (shapes that occupy the
right and left edges of the shield, parenthesis-like curves inward leaving a
center section that is narrower in the middle than at the top or bottom)
purpure (purple), three gouttae (drops) de sang (of wine, i.e. purple) in
pale (in a vertical line in the center).
>    5. Argent (white field), a chevron (a horizontal stripe across the
middle that is peaked in the center--like a private's stripe) gules (red)
between two golps (rondels purpure) (purple circles, one above and one below
the chevron, centered horizontally).
>    6. Argent (white field) with an orle (a stripe following the shape of
the shield but not at the edge, set in a bit so the background shows clearly
inside and outside it) gules (red), six pallets (odd one, I think they're
squares or rectangles.  See below.) sable (black), two-one-two-one (in four
rows , each centered vertically, two in the first (top), one in the second,
and so on). (I think they mean 'billets', rectangles representing bricks.
Pallets are narrow pales, stripes from the top edge of the shield to the
bottome edge.  They would have to be side-by-side and cross the orle, and the
two-one-two-one bit wouldn't make sense. This should probably read 'within an
orle', clearly stating all six are inside the orle.)