NR - Diarmaid's dart

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 10:12:35 PDT 2000

Diarmaid defended:

> What Dart?
OK, dart's a bit strong, but it fit my feigned injury and started with 'd'.
Let's say a shallow dig.

>  I was just pointing out that there was an error in the statement of having
> to work FOR
>  your place.
OK, semantics here.  By 'FOR' you mean something like 'to earn' or 'to get',
I meant something closer to 'to justify' or 'to validate'.  Besides, the
original was an attempt at a humorous paraphrasal of the classic non-com's
response to the S-word, which I last heard quoted by Myles O'Brien on DS9.
You intended a humorous response, I took it that way, and tried to continue
it.  We're just not connecting, and this whole thread is probably getting
pretty boring for everyone else.
Kevin