NR - Principality

Burke McCrory burkemc2 at home.com
Mon Sep 4 16:24:37 PDT 2000

At 05:34 PM 9/4/2000 -0500, Pug wrote:
>Burke McCrory (burkemc2 at home.com) said something that sounded like:
> > Con's
> > You can get a bad Prince and Princess
> > A tendency to encourage people to stay home in the Principality and not
> travel.
>
>Don't forget the following Cons:
>
>A stronger "Us vs Them" mentality in many people, in part because of
>   less travel. Hopefully this mentality is not within the Region as it
>   could destroy it.
>
>Some people will need to be entourage more often since there will be the
>   CP, who will always be local, as well as those who become TRM from the
>   area.
>
>A *need* to fill offices that will probably have actually work associated
>   with them as opposed to within the Regional structure. (ie. Reeve,
>   Chronicler, etc) These offices could not sit vacant since they are
>   required to be filled for group status, nor can they be filled from
>   another Region temporarily when someone locally does not apply as has
>   happened before in many Regions/offices.
>
>Now on the converse, people will have more pride and hopefully want to
>volunteer to do more work if they truly believe in making this happen.

Pug brings up a good point in that the 2 offices that would be most
affected by a change to principality are Chronicler and Reeve.  The
chronicler would have to produce the principality newsletter in addition to
any principality laws or OP.  The Reeve would be the most affected in that
money would now reside at their level.  They would have to manage the
principality accounts and take a much more active role in monitoring the
local groups.  I would expect that after a period of time the Kingdom reeve
would require that all paperwork for the principality go through the
Principality reeves office.  This would however have the potential benefit
of reducing the amount of work that the Kingdom Reeve has to preform as
they would mostly be dealing with the Principality Reeve's office not the
local groups.  It would also help in providing potential replacement
candidates for the Kingdom office

Thanks for pointing these things out Pug.  While I am hoping that this will
be a northern discussion, good points are welcome from anywhere.

Sir Burke