NR - Regional Identity

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Mon Sep 4 18:35:02 PDT 2000

> For most of the time I have played in Ansteorra, the power
> base of our kingdom has been in Texas, South Texas.<snip>
> most of the Great Officers of State seem to be predominantly from
>Texas most of the time

I'd have to disagree with this statement.  In the past ten years,
the North has fielded three Kingdom Seneschals, a Kingdom Treasurer,
four Kingdom Chroniclers, three Earl Marshals (one of whom served
twice), a Kingdom Minister of Children and a Lord High Chancellor
(I'm sure I'm forgetting others, too).  There was also an entire host
of deputy heralds (star signet, sable scroll, etc.), treasurers (bad
checks deputy, emergency deputy), marshals (kingdom marshals at
large) etc.  That's a lot of influence from our little region, yet it
was influence that the kingdom strongly felt.

I do think folks up here are kinda tired administratively speaking
which might account for the lack of Oklahoma addresses in the
current roster of Kingdom Officers (this accounts for the few
Northern deputies, as well, since Kingdom officers tend to pull from
those closest to them to fill deputy positions).  However, I wouldn't
be surprised to see that trend change in the future.  We've got lots
of strong regional officers that might aspire to kingdom positions in
the future.

Kat