NR - Principality

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Mon Sep 4 21:29:29 PDT 2000

> Merrik said:
> What I hear, from a Peer of my realm, my region, is you think we
> aren't good enough, capable enough... BULLCRAPOLLA!!

If that is what you got out of what I said, you are doing some
seriously loose and mostly incorrect interpretation.  Perhaps if
you would re-read my post you would find that I said we don't have
the physical numbers (population-wise) in the state of Oklahoma to
become a *Kingdom.*

People, please don't start jumping at shadows.

Casting aspersions on my region about who was good enough or
capable enough never entered my mind or crossed my keyboard.

> (Please understand, I am trying to be civil,

Thank you, I appreciate the courtesy.  I'm a little confused,
though, at what in my post could have inspired anything less
than civility.

I accept that there are many differing viewpoints with regard to
principality and lots of strong feelings on both sides.  I've done
what others have done and picked the concerns that are important to
me and those concerns strongly color my viewpoint.  I'm sure we all
support what we do based on our own thoughts, concerns and feelings.
In truth, I am capable of making much stronger arguments in support
of my "side" of the issue if I truly wanted to color everyone's
feelings.

I suppose I add my opinions for another reason as well.  As Contessa
Vanessa so aptly put it, folks (well meaning or not) are often wont
to speak on behalf of those they consider friends.  This seems
especially true when the friend is a peer, noble or royal.  In light
of that fact, and because I was told not too long ago that folks want
to know how their peers and nobles feel on important issues, I wanted
to make my feelings clear.  Evidently not clear enough if so many
people could see the word "Principality" where I clearly typed the
word "Kingdom."