NR - ability

Staci L. Myers Staci-Myers at ouhsc.edu
Tue Sep 5 13:46:24 PDT 2000

Merrik, if I go out to my driveway & try to lift my one-ton truck with
nothing but my back & happy thoughts, I'm going to hurt my back & the truck
probably won't go anywhere. In the same vein, if we achieve Kingdom status &
have to struggle to maintain membership in an area that is not
demographically suited to support us at that level, we will burn out a lot
of good people in the attempt.

I'm not saying that it can't be done, because I haven't seen the numbers
yet, but it *is* a factor that has to be considered. Yes, numbers can change
& membership can increase, but they either have to stay (& pay) once they
come or else we have to have a sufficient mundane population pool to draw on
to keep replacing them. I'm only asking (& yes, I am going to look for the
information myself) if Oklahoma can provide us with sufficient membership to
maintain a Kingdom.

Aelfwyn