NR - principality

Chris Backus cbackus at peakonline.com
Tue Sep 5 20:19:26 PDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Siriporn Peters" <kssiripo at kmitl.ac.th>
To: <northern at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 9:52 PM
Subject: NR - principality

> 'lo all,
>
>    I'm out of region (and kingdom) for a while, but I will be back.
Sir
> Burke (and Pug) are doing a good job of explaining from an
analytical
> standpoint. Principality is however, an emotional issue.
>
>   If we become Nordsteorrans we won't be Ansteorrans anymore!!!
(sniff
> sniff)
>   HOGWASH!! Being an Oklahoman doesn't make you any less of an
American.
> Being a father doesn't make you less of a husband. If you have
another
> child do you love the others less? Is your heart so small that there
> isn't room to love something else? Hearts aren't hard-drives, they
don't
> run out of usable space. You can love Kingdom AND Principality (and
> barony and household etc.)

Exactly!  I am an Ansteorran.  I am also from the Northern region.
I'm happy and proud about both facts, but don't find any conflict.  If
we become a Principality I will be happy to be from the Northern
Principality of Ansteorra.

>   I support now and probably always will principality. If you don't,
> ask you to look into your heart and ask yourself why.

I don't agree with this, because it seems to question the validity of
those who don't support a Principality.  We can only become a
Principality with strong, maybe greater than majority support.
Otherwise the push to force those who don't want to become a
Principality will ruin any chance of success and damage what we
already have as a region.  Most processes take time and are often
ruined by hurrying.  Brewers have to be patient.  Let's not drink
wort, let's wait until our beer is ready.  How do you find out whether
it's ready?  Take a sample....

> Mykaru Kurodachi
> Ansteorran
> Nordsteorran