NR - Calendar scheduling & event draw

April Gillilan agillil at okstate.edu
Thu Sep 7 15:06:56 PDT 2000

> If we build it, will they come?  Do we have famous events that people make
> sure they come to every year? ( like Three Kings, or Gothic Wars, or Steppes
> Artisan, for instance )

I'm probably going to step on some toes and upset people with this but, oh well.
It's my opinion and has a right to be heard (read?).    :)

I think that we do have such an event, Northern Regional Tribute and War
Collegium. I know of many people who make the drive from across the kingdom (and
possibly others) to come teach and learn how to fight in a melee. The past few
years it has been the last large event geared towards getting ready for Gulf
Wars, so people come to it. I know that I look forward to it every year. It was
the first time I was ever in a shield wall with a whole bunch of screaming,
smelly, sweaty people hitting me with sticks. I've never really thought about it
before, but I'm kinda glad that my first time was with friends rather than
strangers from across the continent!

Gilyan
Premier War Slut of Mooneschadowe
(the other knows who she is...)