NR - Principality

Chris Backus cbackus at peakonline.com
Thu Sep 7 18:23:02 PDT 2000

Does something have to be broken?  I think it would be neat to be a
Principality.  We would get a "national" identity for the North, not
just a regional one.  This would include heraldic display (banners,
etc. for the war field, for court, for high table at feast), a focus
for regional/Principality pride (heraldry, a name, CPs), all sorts of
other court type stuff.

Why wouldn't we want to be a Principality?  Why would a Shire wish to
brave the political crap that is entailed in becoming a Barony?  Ask
Northkeep, then ask Mooneschadowe for a different view.  I see a
Principality as similar, except we wouldn't have to go through the
political issues of picking a Baron(ess) because a Prince and Princess
would be chosen each six months at Coronet lists.

One of the best indicators of whether someone deserves a high level
award is the question, "Except for the title and the insignia are they
already a _______?  Are they doing the job?  Does the populace see
them as a ______?"  I think a similar question can be asked in this
case.  I already feel like the North has a slightly different flavor
and would love to formalize that while retaining all ties to our
Kingdom.  Others might not.

Don Stephen Hawkins