NR - Principality

Phillip Stallcup PStallcup at MMCABLE.COM
Fri Sep 8 06:04:46 PDT 2000

Is it a natural progression?  On one hand I agree with you, and a group that
stagnates will die.  However, for me a natural progression would be: ok
group your incipient because you have 5 members, now you have 25 you're a
shire, now you have 75 you're a barony we need to hold Baronial elections
etc..  But the way I understand it, the group has to petition at each level.
If it were natural, we wouldn't be having this conversation because, like
the numbers suggest, we would already be a Principality.

As for the CPs 'job', I'm fuzzy on the higher rank responsibilities, so this
was just a guess.

Speaking of job, isn't it funny how so many aspire to have higher ranks,
which in turn give responsibilities that at some point start taking away
from the activities they did to achieve the award in the first place?  I'm
not being negative, really I'm smiling, but take a King/Queen who is a
Pelican who got the Pelican for say cleaning/setup/helping at every event,
they would find it difficult to do that as King or Queen.

Ld Llygoden Llwyd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-northern at ansteorra.org [mailto:owner-northern at ansteorra.org]On
Behalf Of Sigen3 at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 20:27
To: northern at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: NR - Principality

PStallcup at MMCABLE.COM writes:

<< I'm still wondering why?  Why become a Principality?  What singular
'thing'
 is broken that needs to be fixed?  What would be better than it is now?
 Would the CPs come to more events hosted by small groups or would they be
 away at Kingdom events with the crown? >>

For me, the reason is that it is a natural progression.  An incipient group
starts out with 5 members... grows to 25 and becomes a Shire... grows to 75
and becomes a Barony,...etc.

I don't think that anything is broken, but I do think that there is nothing
wrong with having the desire for more...  More ceremony - more fun.  I
firmly
believe that if you aren't growing, you are dying, and it is good to have
something to strive towards.  My concept of a CP's *job* is that it would be
their responsibility to attend to the Principality, not follow the Crown
around.  That is what they have entourage for.

Just my .02
Sigen Northkeep