NR - Principality name

Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov
Fri Sep 8 07:19:57 PDT 2000

Greetings from Tadhg.

>we need a name that means something to us, and a lang/time frame.
>IE norse, celtic, old english, latin, german, french(shudder ;))??
>(my lang skills are a bit weak)

>ideas???

Actually, that's Gaelic, not Celtic...and YES (gets my vote...bet I know what
Fionnagan wants.)

>From the heraldic side, I would recommend we discuss a main element first, e.g.,
a griffin. That would then flow into a name. One thing that Ansteorra has done
very well is the consistency (heraldically) among its device, name, and Crown
appellation (Their Stellar Majesties).

Simple to draw and easy to recognize on the field.

That'll give us somewhere to go in preliminary research and design.

Regards,
Tadhg