NR - Principality name

Spatsman at aol.com Spatsman at aol.com
Sat Sep 9 01:39:28 PDT 2000

darin-herndon at utulsa.edu writes:

<< OK, humor aside, for the rest of the list:  I've glanced through
 Finnegan's comments (wind, huh?).  Anyone else have unifying themes
 to contribute to the stirred pot of the discussion?

 Etienne >>
I will add this to my previous list of possible ideas, and I was surprised to
learn this. 82% of all raptors native to north america, including hawks,
buteos, falcons, merlins, kites, eagles and owls, can be found in this state
and just south of the Red River at certain times of the year, depending on
the species. Many are non-migratory, year-round residents that could be not
only powerful and poetic symbols, but actually might grace us with the
occasional visit at events.
  Therefore, I think local birds-of-prey should be given consideration.
There are a number in the Armorial already, bird-parts, too....mmmmmm,
bird-parts.....but we could manage it. The names could be very interesting,
with a lot of variety possible.
~Fionnagan, who gives a hoot