NR - Principality

Sigen3 at aol.com Sigen3 at aol.com
Sat Sep 9 07:03:16 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/8/00 11:24:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
PStallcup at MMCABLE.COM writes:

<< <<But the way I understand it, the group has to petition at each level.
 If it were natural, we wouldn't be having this conversation because, like
 the numbers suggest, we would already be a Principality.>>

 Just as in mundane life, there are rules and laws.  It *is* a natural
 progression in my opinion. It is the same as a teenager getting his driver's
 license.  No one hands it to him because he turn's 16.  He must pass the
 test
 and fill out the application, and pay a fee.  Nothing is automatic as far as
 group status, even an incipient group must petition for full status.  The
 petition can be part of the fun.  I wrote the petition for Northkeep's
 Baronial status.  HL Livia and lots of other good folks helped. It was great
 researching the activities of the group, and putting together a package for
 the "important" people to read.

 Fair enough.  Having never went through any of this process, was it
 'painful'?  What I mean is did you see the same kinds of things on a
 smaller, admittedly much smaller, scale? >>

Northkeep did go through an amazingly similar process.  We had meetings where
we hashed out everyone's (who was interested) thoughts and problems about
becoming a barony.  We listened to the concerns, and corrected what we could.
 I wouldn't call it painful.  It was a challenge.  Northkeep loves a
challenge, and determined that we were ready to take a step.  Yes, there were
"growing pains", but again in my opinion, they are merely a necessary part of
the process and nothing to fear.

Sigen