NR - Principality name

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Sat Sep 9 08:42:34 PDT 2000

Kelandra kweries:

> What do other kingdom names mean?  If anyone knows?

Dunno all of them.  Here goes:
West, East, and Middle are obvious.
Dunno Atenveldt, although ths suffix is something like plains or steppe.
Dunno Meridies, although it has the same root as meridian.
Dunno Caid, no idea at all.
Ansteorra we've already talked to death.
Atlantia is obvious.
An Tir means something like 'one land' or 'the land'.  I suspect somebody was
a fan of the fantasy series starring Thomas Covenant.
Calontir is 'Heartland', appropriate.
Trimaris is 'three seas'.  I don't know if the third is supposed to be the
Caribbean or Lake Okechobee.
Outlands is obvious.  They were Aten's redheaded stepchildren (after
Ansteorra left).
Drachenwald is 'Dragon Woods', founded by US servicemen stationed in Germany.
Artemesia is some reference to the terrain, I think.  I connect it with
artemesian wells.
Dunno Aethelmarck.
Dunno Ealdormere.
Dunno Lochach, the next likely kingdom.
That's all I think.
Looking at that list, let's NOT pick something that starts or ends with 'A',
just in case.
Kevin