NR - Principality: Time to table this discussion?

Lee McGoodwin etienett at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 10:36:18 PDT 2000

Friends,
     I am in agreement with Her Excellency.  I would
like to see the topic return to contuation/or not of
the two regional events.  How can they be improved if
continued?  How can we continue to strengthen the ties
between the groups in the North?
      Along the same vein, I would like to see some
constructive discussion of how to help all groups
continue to grow and strengthen, esp. those who have
highly fluctuating populace numbers.  I know most of
them are in areas that have transient population, ie.
military base, university, etc.
     Let's get back to the 'here and now' and how we
can continue to build the Dream in the North. . . and
the rest of the kingdom.

In Service to the Dream,
Lady Etienett de Bitche
(a displaced Namronite/Namronian)

>     I have enjoyed the very positive tone of the
> list of late.  Thanks to
> everyone for keeping it civil and polite!
>
>     I do want to restate the wise words of others,
> however, in suggesting
> that while it is an interesting intelltectual
> exercise, we are proceeding
> too far in our discussions of names, heraldry, etc.
> I believe that the
> suggestion to table this conversation until we've
> had opportunities to
> discuss it with the very large number of people who
> are Not on line with us
> is a good one.
>     The establishment of a new group--whether
> canton, shire, barony or
> principality--is destined to be a highly emotionally
> charged event.  I can
> say from personal experience that I was stunned by
> the reactions of some of
> my closest friends and relatives when The Wastelands
> began the process of
> becoming a canton (then shire, but that was per the
> Board and had nothing to
> do with our relationship with Wiesenfeuer).  It was
> perceived by a small
> number of people as a betrayal of our home group
> (Wiesenfeuer) and that it
> diminished the Barony both in size (losing the
> zipcodes) and in warm bodies
> who would work for her.  The reactions were
> emotional, somewhat irrational
> and difficult to work through but not necessarily
> wrong--just a different
> perspective.  I anticipate the same reactions from
> members of this region
> and the kingdom at large when we take the
> principality discussion to the
> populace at large.
>     It is my hope that we can reduce the amount of
> strong negative feelings
> by being inclusive of all persons with an opinion in
> our discussions
> (whether they're online or not), respectful of the
> varied points of view of
> the members of this kingdom, and understanding of
> the need for lots of time
> and patience in bringing this thing to pass, if it
> is to be.
>     While we await word from HE Sigen about the
> possibility of  the first
> (of no doubt many) discussions at Rundel, could we
> please table this
> discussion in favor of other topics?  I'm with HL
> Estril in wondering where
> we've left the NR Warlord and NR Tribute
> Discussions...

=====
No light shines on the mind protected
No light shines on the fangs neglected
Run with the wolfpack.      (song lyrics)