NR - Soup Kitchen

CecilJevon blabla ceciljevon at bla-bla.com
Sun Sep 10 17:18:31 PDT 2000

Hi, this is Jevon in Wiesenfeuer.  I thought it was pretty
cool. It would be great to do something like that here. We
wouldn't necessarily have to go all out unless we wanted to,
but I thought it had some good ideas. It would be a fun way
for people to interact and would add to the event.
  You could start small, with drinks, fruits, finger foods
of various assortments, try some period stuff. It could be
fun with a little bit of persona playing thrown in too. We
could always come up with fund-raising ideas to help cover
cost of vittles.
  I did the feast for the Crown we sponsored in '96, and have
helped at various others, but I'd probably ask one of the
more experienced feastocrats/cooks in kingdom what they thought
of the article, just to see. Johann?, HE Gunthar?, anyone else--
you out there?, did you read the article and what do you think
of it?.
  Gunthar, having had breakfast in England several years ago, I
of course was very interested in the menu you and Gilli were
discussing. If anyone else has too, you know that the o.j. takes
some getting used to. They feed you like a horse in the morning
over there.  There is a cool British import/tea shop here in OKC
that sells trinkets and foodstuffs imported over, even perishables.
I've got recipes for Irish breakfast somewhere......