NR - Region Names

marc-carlson at utulsa.edu marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Mon Sep 11 10:07:06 PDT 2000

>From: "Darin K. Herndon" <darin-herndon at utulsa.edu>
>>If you want to use "Nordstoerra" in a song, great - if
>>you want to refer to "Ruaoland" or to "Bitellus" (my
>>personal favorites right now) cool.
>
>"Bitellus"?  Did I miss a post?  Can you translate?

I could have sworn I posted a variety of name examples
last week.  Anyway, that was one of them.

Bitellus (bit-TELL-us) is somewhat poetic Latin for "Two
Lands", which could refer to Oklahoma and Indian
Territories; the states of Oklahoma and Texas; Northern
region of Ansteorra and its mundane counterpart; the red
flat part of the area, and the green lumpy bits; take
your pick or find your own meaning :) ).

Marc/Diarmaid