NR - Griffin, for want of a standard spelling...

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at MMCABLE.COM
Thu Sep 14 21:02:04 PDT 2000

Before the humor, one quick serious note: Has anyone considered using
English for names?

Okay, now the humor...

Exchange #1:
> Diarmaid >>  Not everyone has a Nordic personna.
> Fionnagan >>Yeah! YEAH, man, YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Few are that lucky.  And remember, if it weren't for us you would still be
squatting in roadless villages, stealing one another's vowels.

Exchange #2:
Someone asked:
> what did the Scots, Irish, english, & welsh use
> to describe hard winds and ugly weather?

Burke answered::
> Vikings!!!   :)

Son, you just opened up a whole new can of lutefisk...

Exchange #3:
Diarmaid replied to Gio:
> > Wouldn't "Tor Na Tir" be "Mountain of Earth [land, home]"
> Mountainland, or some such.  As well as the pun.
> Sure, our mountains are really dinky NOW, but once
> upon a time they used to be bigger than the Rockies.

So with all the mountains, should it be "Tor a Tor a Tor a"?

I wonder what "Mole Mountain" would be?

Ulfie, Viking at Large
Pulling the pin on the turnip...