NR - Saturday in Rundel

KTMC ktmc at icok.net
Sun Sep 10 17:37:24 PDT 2000

Greetings to the List!
   I, being one of those from the Canton of Rundel, want to thank
everyone for the experience I had Saturday. I personally did not make a
total count of the participants in the day's activities (which included
heraldic consultation and charter painting during the day, and numerous
gentles that came to the park where the Northern Regional Fighter
Practice was later, plus still later a trip for pizza.)
   There were a considerable number, by my estimate, of people from the
local area that had an opportunity to see part of what the SCA is about.
I know that I talked to a few people about what we were doing, and
imagine others from the group may have visited with others.
   There were so many poeple who did so much, in addition to coming to
Rundel for the practice. Perhaps I had best not try to list them all,
for I would certainly fail to name all. I had a great time myself, and
was touched with the thoughtfulness of others.
   There was a count of 22 fighters in armor. The groups that I know of
that had fighters on the field included; Northkeep, Namron,
Mooneschadowe, and Rundel. If I missed any groups, please pardon me.
There were a considerable  number of nobles and gentles who also came
out to the park, in addition to the fighting.
    I think it likely that it was the first time that Rundel has seem
melee practice with temas of 7-9 per side. There were a number of
fighters who helped 'knock the dust' :) off my armor! :)
   A fine time was had by the 30ish, plus or minus, that went out for
pizza. It was a fine time of Northern Regional fun and unity.

   Vivat the Northern Region!
   Vivat Ansteorra!

   Valstarr Hawkwind