NR - Regional Identity

Merrik Viltar Har merrikviltarhar at swbell.net
Fri Sep 1 15:00:33 PDT 2000

You either live or die, get bigger or smaller, you can't avoid change, you
can only try to steer it.  I know there are a few who state being the
Prince, (forgive my ignorance of the correct term), of a Principality is no
better than wearing the King's to whom you are a principality of, personal
piss bucket on your head (quoted as best I can remember, and please BELIEVE
me, those were NOT my words).  I disagree, principality for some groups or
region(s) is the way of nature.  Lets just not make it an act of natural
selection.
We either wither and die, or grow and become unto ourselves.  Not that any
one kingdom can live in the SCA without the rest of all the kingdoms which
make up the SCA, like all the regions make a kingdom, can't have a kingdom
without groups or regions.  So I mean unto ourselves in the same way a young
couple might buy an house and host their first Thanksgiving dinner, probably
will burn something, not have enough chairs or scotch whiskey, but only the
first time around.
A year or so ago, the north was ready to attempt becoming a principality,
but a few, apparently enough however, brought a return of chaos to the north
and principality for us went far to the back burner, lets make a united
effort to make NRT and NRW excellent events by working together as a first
step towards principality!

Merrik Viltar Har