NR - Principality

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Sep 4 15:57:32 PDT 2000

Carl Chipman (cchipman at nomadics.com) said something that sounded like:
> 1.  Greater Chance of Royalty at smaller events.

Yes, but does it truly mean more recognition since these people already
know the people in the region? (The pomp is good though if the people
are willing to work for it.)

> 2.  Allows more freedom to the king and queen, as the hectic rate at which
> they must travel could be reduced a bit.

Does it mean that you will never see the King and Queen unless they are
local? Sounds like a drawback to the local people.

> 3.  Allows more recognition for the newer regional fighters.  Sometimes it
> hard for the members of the chivalry to know all of the "up-and-coming"
> fighters from an area, but if the compete well in the coronet list, its a
> good indicator to check them out.

Damn fighters always wanting recognition. What about the artisans and
those doing service? *wink*

Unless there are seperate circles for the Principality that does
polling, this will make no difference in my humble opinion. The local
Knights still generally focus on the local fighters. The same is true
for the other Orders.

> 4.  Good practice for being king and queen.  Mistakes made by a
> prince/princess in their region are more likely to be forgiven because the
> region knows them better than an out of area King and Queen.

Oh yeah. That's what *I* always want. Why don't you make all your really
bad mistakes on the people you have to live with every day? *wink*

> 5.  I know as Ansteorrans most people don't like to say this, but sometimes
> you don't really care for the king or queen.  With a prince/princess, you
> could always play with them instead of with the crown.  I know that this
> attitude is not kinda good, but its true that people do not universally
> like other people.

Yes, but you can't get away from the CP since they live with you. You
have a better chance of avoiding TRM.

Ciao,