NR - Principality

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at MMCABLE.COM
Sat Sep 9 23:00:45 PDT 2000

Gitana said:
> In any case, I was not speaking at all of those things that concern you,
only
> my perception that the mundane OK/Texas rivalry might be seeping in.  I'm

Thank you, your Excellency.  I strongly feel that the North ends where the
last Northerner lives, not where the Red River runs.

Before the rise of national identity in the middle of the middle ages,
people identified themselves by tribe and area.  Charlemange led the Franks,
not the French, and ruled the kingdom of the Franks, not France.

Identities for groups of people were defined by their shared customs and
traditions and who they could count on for support, not by the line drawn on
someone's map.

Ulfie