NR - Griffin, for want of a standard spelling...

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Thu Sep 14 14:30:39 PDT 2000

At 05:52 PM 9/14/00 +0000, Timothy wrote:
>>very true, not meaning to be exclusive here..

I didn't think you were.  It's just one of those things I've noticed happening,
which can be interpreted as trying to get everyone to play the same game -- and
having gotten *my* rear burned on that in the past, I'm a smidgen sensitive to
it.

>what did the Scots, Irish, english, & welsh use to describe hard winds and ugly
>weather?  or Griffins or what not?

English is really easy -- "Hardwinds","Uglyweather", and so on.

marc/Diarmaid