NR - Diarmaid's dart

Kevinkeary at aol.com Kevinkeary at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 23:38:31 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/21/00 9:25:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
LdyCalais at aol.com writes:

> Well actually, I am quite entertained by it all! :-)

Well, hokay then.  I'd hate to be a "Parti-pooper" (the meaning of which I
won't speculate on.)
I must say, Good Lady, I'm surprised no less-rusty heralds have offered
corrections or clarifications of my answers--especially when I admitted the
last was a guess.  I found a game called "The Royal Game of Goose" in a book
of boardgames I have, but it's early-eighteenth century and has no little
shield shapes, so it must be something else.  (This one is a race game using
a pair of dice and one counter per player.)  Good luck with your project.
And now, oh Laird Diarmaid, I would challenge yer statement that getting
elected isn't work, and cite the current mundane contest and the shenanigans
of the two principals in witness.
And I'd hardly say them as WANT ta be called by the S-word in the Society
didn't WORK to GET that right.  'S what comes AFTER as is sometimes something
other...  Sorta the inverse of the case yer alludin' to.  (I used to pun the
word surly as Sir-ly, until I found out that's where the word surly really
comes from.  History repeats, history repeats.)
Kevin, nobody-in-particular.