NR - Wastelands Event Questions

Aunt Dwen auntdwen at peakonline.com
Wed Sep 27 22:31:48 PDT 2000

Greetings,

    And thank you for your interest in the Wastelands Rapier Defender
Tournament.  It will begin sometime after 1:00 p.m.  Don Stephen Hawkins is
our current Rapier Defender and will be able to give more information on the
tournament itself.

For others on the list who may be interested:

    Wastelands Defender is this weekend at Roman Nose State Park.  Site fee
is $8.00 for persons 16 and older, $5.00 for children aged 12 through 15 are
$5.00, 11 and under are free.

    We will begin Thrown Weapons and the Arts and Sciences Competition at
10-ish (or whenever folk get out of bed and motivated).  Adult and
Children's Archery Defender will follow.  After a break for lunch we will
have our Rapier Defender Tournament, then the Armored Defender Tournament.
Although traditionally a torchlight tourney, the park has asked that we not
use any open flames during the event.  (Sorry, that also goes for tiki
torches, grills and hibachis).  Please let your armored friends know about
the time change for Heavy Weapons.

Feast is East Indian cuisine, prepared by our current Armored Defender, Lord
Johann.  There are no more feast reservations available, (he sold out
twice!), but there will be a waiting list at the Troll in case of
cancellations.  (There are a number of fast food eateries in Watonga, just a
few miles away.)  Feast will follow the tournaments, then court at the
pleasure of Their Excellencies Wiesenfeuer.

There may still be some limited cabin space available at an additional fee
of $2. per head.  Check on availability when you sign-in at Troll.

Anyone with any questions please direct them to the Event Stewards, the
Honorable Lord Aldric at derrykcarr at hotmail.com or his Lady Meadhbh at
meadhbh27 at hotmail.com

In Service,

Baroness Ceridwen