[NR] David Q. Reed

Sheldon Knight sknight at k-data.com
Sun Aug 12 10:41:33 PDT 2001

Hi Jerry - - -

David Reed and I were at Stanford together in 1955.  We spent a lot of time
together, mostly drinking wine and solving all the world's problems .(He was
good at that, although the world didn't always recognize it.)

After I graduated in '55 his mother asked me to come to Kansas City for a
special project at the Donnelly Garment Company.  I lived with her on Cherry
St. for about four months, and spent many great evenings drinking scotch
with her and listening to her experiences starting the company, Jim Reed's
political adventures, etc.

Somehow Dave and I lost touch, and I hadn't heard from him for many years.
So when my wife and I found we were going to be in Kansas City next week I
thought I would try to contact him.  When I searched for him on the web I
was shocked to learn he passed away over two years ago.  Everything becomes
too late, finally.  I was wondering if you could give me any more
information about what happened to him.  Was he still married to Tinker or
is widow someone else?  Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sheldon Knight
(408) 732-8180
sknight at k-data.com