[NR] Is there a loanly drum out there looking for a companion

Elodie elodie_osu at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 16:02:00 PST 2001

 Hey susan, There is an incredibly gorgeous dumbec drum at music go round at 71st and mingo, If I had not already invested in one that rarely gets used (my own busy life!, I will be at druming next month) I would have purchased it my self! Full of colors and cool pictures!
Elodie
  Susan <catmafia at swbell.net> wrote: Warning, for those who thought I was weird before and asked alot of
questions, hehe. That was me practicing self restraint and only asking a
small percentage of the things I ponder. Since a major evaluation of life
that came with the passing of my husband's relative that I loved the most;
I have made a new commitment and am going to share it with you. (so I can
say you have been warned).

I have always wanted to be eccentric when I grow up, I was thinking that I
would be easily 60 or so when this became one of the first things people
mentioned about me. With Leota's passing, I realized that Jim's family
just lost their really good one and I should step in and fill this void,
because it is just good to have one to keep things in balence. I have
never had so much fun with these people in the 16 years prior to now, so I
guess I will just be in training for extreamly eccentric at 60.

Ok, all warnings aside. If anyone remembers the letter before Investiture
weekend with all of my ponderings and questions, it is just a sample. It
has been interesting, as the ones who replied have kept me busy in some of
the most facinating discussions since and was well worth the stepping out
there risk.

Ok, now that I set it up. My purpose for the post. I am starting my hunt
to see if there is a drum out there somewhere that I am to play, Zenobia,
who just got a wonderful drum and dance group going up here in Northkeep
and you are all invited up to join us sometime, keeps encouraging me to the
question of will I drum or dance. (I like her encouragement, by the way as
she is the person who told me of the SCA and is ultimatly responsible for
my knowing of this group) I keep saying, I think I will drum if I can find
the drum that I am supposed to have.

I have been pondering how I will know it and as Kit was mentioning of the
author of a book she read last night, she put an add in a paper about
looking for the place she was supposed to live in and having someone supply
the rent free mansion for 2 years. So I am asking, do any of you all have
a drum lying around that you just have had the feeling that it was supposed
to be going somewhere else? If so, I am willing to visit with it and see
if it is here and then discuss arrangements with you.

I hope I find it and that it fits our family as well as the Siamese we
adopted at a fighter practice a month or so ago. She has been an
incredible blessing and we are hoping she is pregnant so we will have
kittens soon too. She is a unique little thing. Was 6 pounds and starved
when we found her shivering in the park. Took her to the vet the next day
and she was in fabulous health other than being starved. She was terrified
of my boys and over time finally warmed up to the other cats and they now
have some delightful dynamics going. It is the tabby spotting and stripes
that are hovering like a faint mask over her coat that is the most
incredibly different thing about her that I have noticed yet, hope she
thows a litter of 4 kittens that look just like her.

For those interested, I will have pics of her as soon as I figure out how
to work my new digital camera,

Susan, in Service to
Truth, Beauty, Freedom,
But above all...
Love.

~Elodie~

When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are
about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is
knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something
solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.
 -Barbara J. Winter