NR - Raffles, et. al

Jennene Stanley mooharpist at mmcable.com
Wed Feb 14 16:43:45 PST 2001

> Ok Folks,
>
> Before we start flooding the list with email's about and on this subject
> (if they can make it past the evil filters <G>) lets step back a
> moment.  Nothing that we say here is going to resolve this issue.  The
> posting of State statues and their ad hoc interpretation is not going to
> solve much other that to potentially enflame peoples emotions.  I would
ask
> that we leave this to our officers and allow them to research the issue
and
> rule accordingly.  I have formally ask Master Richard and Sir Alexis to
> review this issue, so let them have the chance to do their jobs.
>
> Sir Burke

Ok......

1) I posted the statute as written and *did not* place an "ad hoc
interpretation". If anybody is doing that it is you. Have you already
forgotten the post you made earlier today where  *you* interpreted "intent"
of the law.  Practice what you preach.

2) How can quoting the laws in question without interpretation "enflame
people's emotions"?

Yes, the officers should be given a chance to "do their jobs" but that
doesn't mean that all conversation should be ceased and swept under the rug.
In my "ad hoc" opinion, that is exactly what has been the bane of the North.

Since there seems to be some confusion about churches and other
organizations have raffles or whatever, I have made the entire Oklahoma
Charity Games Act available, again without interpretation. I have uploaded
to my server so that the accusation of "flooding the list" cannot be made.
It can be reached at

http://phelan.ou.edu/oklaw/okchar.txt

Jennene Stanley
"Chase the light I see ahead. Luminate the path I tread.
 I live to be the best I can"                       - Queensrÿche
"Mooharpist"    send e-mail to : Mooharpist at mmcable.com
 Elizabethan (& Regency)  Website http://phelan.ou.edu/anya