NR - Thoughts on a chilly morning......

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Thu Feb 15 09:24:08 PST 2001

At 09:34 AM 2/15/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
><Anya sips her tea and contemplates what's going on>
>

>I've been thinking. It seems to me that we need to look at the larger
>picture here. What is going on in our region that some are motivated to
>get anonymous accounts and then make post for the only purpose of getting
>others pissed? It seems to me to be yet another action that shows how
>divided we are. I personally am getting rather tired of this anonymous
>stuff. If a person has a problem with what is going on they should have
>the courage and honor to speak as themselves. I may not like what a person
>says, but I will not deny him the right to say it.
>
>This is yet another symptom of the overall problem that is plaguing this
>part of the Kingdom. In my perception, there are group of people up here
>that do not have the guts to confront the issues in the full light. The
>use of anonymous names is an evolution of the past mode of behavior. Until
>now, people, who did not have the courage the confront an issue, would go
>around and do whatever they could to assassinate the character of the
>people whom they felt were on the opposite side. One can only take that so
>far. Now they must post under the fake names. (BTW- from what I understand
>the Route44 Gang refers to people playing out of Tarl and Stacia's living
>room. If I am mistaken then someone needs to correct this perception by
>using their real names. Until then, I will assume that this is coming from
>that Household)
>
>We have got some serious problems here. And being told to "play nice" has
>not been solving them.
>
>Anya

Anya,

This might surprise you but I agree with you that people should not use
anonymous e-mail accounts, in the end I feel they do more harm than
good.  But unless you have specific information as to who the posters are
and that they are connected to Master Tarl's household, I think you have
stepped over the line.  I have checked back and can find no postings to
this list that indicate who these people are or that they are connected in
any way to Master Tarl.  Your post shows that you obviously have a personal
problem with Master Tarl and are now carrying out a campaign of smearing
him by association.  I believe that you either need to publicly post your
proof or publicly post him an apology.  It is this very kind of behavior
that you condemned earlier in you same post, yet you are guilty of it just
a paragraph later.

Sir Burke