NR - FUNDRAISING??

elbert smith ptsotha at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 11:18:42 PST 2001

Normally I state that I will not post to any of these normally non
productive discussions.

   Now I feel I have no choice.

  Point 1:(or question actually) why is it that when there is a perceived
problem that should be brought to the attention of the local seneschal(me in
this case)that more often than not there seems to to be a want to leave them
of the loop and start posting things on this wonderful Toy or jumping
straight to kingdom officers.

  I know the argument can be made that I am part of the loop because I read
this list.

     WRONG

   If I had been made part of the loop  (by for instance someone approaching
me first as would have been appropriate) instead of starting somewhere way
out there and moving back toward me. A lot of this might have been handled
locally. But instead the choice was made for whatever reason to take the
path of using the mail list first instead.

   In the future people Please, and not just for me , but for every
seneschal thats busting their butt trying to do their jobs the benefit
of pointing out a problem perceived or otherwise before you jump to the end
of the line.  Maybe , just maybe they may not be as inept as so many treat
them and given they chance first might be able to solve the problem.

Point 2: I have been told (although I already knew )that the finally
responsibility for this decision is mine. It is a responsibility I take very
seriously.

      So having conferred with many persons on this subject I come to the
following decision.

       We will not be holding a drawing at NRT some other less debatable
form of fundraising will be used.

                            Duncan
                              Seneschal of NAMRON