NR - Thanks at Northern Regional Tribute

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Mon Feb 19 10:20:07 PST 2001

I just want to thank everybody for all the special events that happened
this weekend...

St. Thompson's college was great, although I must suggest that anyone
wanting to attend HL Oxlade's "Hops Variety" class allow bout 30 minutes of
recovery time afterwards before attempting any activity that requires any
degree of dexterity  (" HIC! Sure, I can taste some more beers")

The War college was great.  I had a ton of fun, got some great fighting
(more received than given), and got good workouts at the end.  One knight
commented to me wondering where all the people were who usually do pickup
fights.  Although I'm sure he was disappointed, it seems to mean to me that
most of the fighters got as in as much fighting as they wanted.  As a
matter of fact, when I woke up this morning I was still happily sore from
Saturday.

Of course, we would not have been able to fight as long as and well not
Ansteorra's ever-present, ever-vigilant, and ever-caring waterbearers been
in service.  Like most fighters, when you come up carrying water we are
more grateful, but we forget the names some times.  	I am sorry for not
knowing and naming all the names, but I plan to correct that.

Feast.... Ah feast!!!! Only the fat man can wax melancholy over the meal
past, and this feast was one that'd bring tears to the eyes of jolly
fellows everywhere.  My taste buds were delighted, my palate exercised, and
my stomach stretched.  Little enough can I thank those who cooked, slaved,
and served that amazing meal, but my thanks I give nonetheless.

I'd like to give especial thanks to Lady Elizabeth de Calais and Lady
Rosumund, (and if I heard correctly the entire kitchen staff too!! ) for
their amazingly kind offer of quiet seclude spot for Gilyan and mine's
anniversary.   Although the desire to be with our friends was stronger that
night, my lady teared up then, and will still tear up for the warmth, love,
kindness, and consideration shown to us.  We thank you for showing us what
good people behave like.

Thanks also to Master Lucais for making the auction as exciting to watch as
it was expensive (how much is a fifth of Timo? heehee).

Finally, thanks to the autocrats for running it, all the groups for helping
out, and to everyone who showed up.  I had a wonderful time.

What did everyone else like?

It was one of the best events I have had.

Your Friend,
Jean Paul de Sens

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.