NR - New This Fall on CBS

Staci L. Myers Staci-Myers at ouhsc.edu
Thu Feb 8 07:03:59 PST 2001

Ld Doji wrote of Baroness Gitana:

> Beside IF we were counting, Baroness Gitana on 12/31/00 at  2:23am and
3:45pm you
> didn't sign yours either.and both of those were of an
> imflammatory nature, one to
> Fionnagan and one to Fairborn at swbell.net.

While she may not have "signed" her postings, the return E-mail clearly
reads:"HEGitana at aol.com". Her postings were not anonymously sent - obviously
so, as you seem to have had no trouble recognizing the sender. I have known
the lady for a good many years (no, Gitana, I'm not going to announce just
HOW many), and I can state that I have never known her to be shy about
making her opinions known as her own.

I have no problem with controversial statements - everyone is entitled to
their own opinion, just as I'm entitled to mine. I'll admit it too, I got a
chuckle out of the analogy. There is one very important difference, though:
nobody's going to be "voted out". No one's going anywhere. We're all stuck
here together on this particular island, like it or not, and people who
persist in viewing it as a "win/lose" situation are going to make themselves
and the rest of us miserable in the process. It's a big game and there is
more than one way to play it. Let other people have their game and make sure
that your own game isn't played at the expense of others' fun.
(The last paragraph was a general soapbox statement, Doji, & was not
directed at you.)

Aelfwyn