NR - Northern Regional Tribute

Rebecca Heydon rmheydon at swbell.net
Mon Jan 1 16:14:19 PST 2001

An interesting approach to starting off the New Year with a bang....Wow.

Having been off-line for most of the week, I just read this whole thread
from start to finish in one sitting.  I am left feeling saddened that it
appears to me that our growing unity as a Region is being
questioned/threatened/mocked.  And just when it seemed to me that everyone
was playing nicely, too....

I think some excellent points have been made by people on both "sides" of
the issue.  But my, isn't it amazing at how quick some are to make
assumptions and point fingers when "their" ideas of what should/shouldn't
happen aren't agreed upon?  And was that a veiled threat I read??

George Carlin has this theory on critics of television and radio content:
If you don't like it, turn it off.  But don't tell me I can't watch it or
listen to it just because you don't approve.  (Apologies to G.C.  Intent is
there but not the verbage).  I think the same thing applies to events:  If
you want to go, go.  If you don't, don't.  Just don't tell me I am wrong for
attending, wanting to attend, or keeping something going that many people
enjoy.

I, for one, am going to go to NRT and have a good time.  I am going to help
raise money for the *Kingdom* while I enjoy the company of my friends from
the North (and the rest of Ansteorra) who choose to attend.  For all of
those who will be there and will help and have fun, my personal thanks ahead
of time.  For those of you who can't attend, won't attend, don't want the
event, your abscences will be noted....but you'll certainly not be
forgotten.

Rowan

*These words are mine and not representative of any Household, Canton, Shire
or Barony*