NR - Northern Regional Tribute

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Mon Jan 1 22:11:32 PST 2001

In a message dated 1/1/01 11:06:31 PM Central Standard Time, HEGitana at aol.com
writes:

> However, a fun (and even successful) event will not change the fact that
two
>  Baronies in the Northern Region have now been shafted over that event and
>  their Landed Nobility treated with complete disrespect, as if their
feeling
>  and concerns just don't matter.  Nor will it change the fact that in
jumping
>  in to "save the day" a third northern barony has condoned those actions

    I have to disagree with this. I have no inside information on how the
decision was made for Northkeep to host the event.  I'm speaking for myself
and no one else.  I don't know the details about the decision to to take the
event from Namron either.  If that in fact is what happened. I do know that
most of the people I've talked with in Northkeep are strong supporters of the
Northern Region and seem to believe that the NRT and NRW events are good for
the region.  The decision for Northkeep to host this event would, I think,
have to have been made by their Excellencies and the Seneschal of Northkeep.
I know these people and have worked with them for years and cannot believe
that they were motivated by anything but the good of the Kingdom and region.
I cannot agree that we should have let this event die as some sort of
protest, especially as most of us still aren't clear just exactly what it is
we are supposed to be protesting.

    Why can't people give others the benifit of the doubt that they are
acting with good will and doing what they believe is right?

Robert Fitzmorgan