NR - Northern Retional Tribute

Mon Jan 1 17:28:36 PST 2001

Two very good points, Pug.  I will point out that all funds are actually the
property of the SCA, Inc., so a rule change could legal send all our funds
to California.  Other than the tithe of the Principalities by Atenveldt
about 24 years ago, "higher authority" has been very good about keeping
their hands off the boodle.

I think Regional bank accounts would be a good thing, so that Regions could
act a functional groups.  A Region may need seed money from its groups, but
in time it should be self-funding.  If the rules change or the experiment
fails and the money goes to the Kingdom general fund, so be it.  Much of it
would be money we would have sent to the Kingdom anyway.

As for Principality, a functioning Region would be the best evidence of
readiness to take that step.  A full slate of working Regional officers, a
self-funding Region and a heavily subscribed newsletter would suggest to me
that the populace of a Region was ready to take that step, even if they
chose not to do so.

Right now, I do not believe the North is ready to become a Principality and
should not take that step.  However, if the wide-spread desire is there, I
would like the Region to have the opportunity to prove they have the
capacity to grow into a Principality.

Bear