NR - Northern Regional Tribute

HEGitana at aol.com HEGitana at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 17:38:31 PST 2001

Master, Sir Burke

With all due respect, I am not going to get into a fire fight with you on
this list over issues that we have disagreed on for years (or any other
issues for that matter).
However, I must correct some of the incorrect impressions which I'm sure your
words have left.

I have only the greatest respect for all Landed Nobility and I know the Baron
and Baroness of Northkeep well enough to know that they are doing what they
feel is right, never the less, my feelings are that in hosting Northern
Regional Tribute under these circumstances they are condoning the actions of
the administration. (it's just how I feel, I can not change that)  I
certainly understand that not everyone will feel that way.  I was not aware,
until you stated it here, that the Kingdom Seneschal had requested that
Northkeep do Northern Regional Tribute, however knowing the relationships of
all involved I would have expected that.  I would point out here that I was
the first (that I am aware of) in this Region to champion Northkeep's cause,
back when they were not real popular in this Region, prior to the first
Northern Regional event.  Thus, I would challenge anyone who would try to
leave the impression that I have something personal against either Northkeep
or their Baron and Baroness.  I have many friends there and I wish ALL of
Northkeep nothing but the best in all they do.
I will always champion what I perceive as injustice, just as I have done many
time for you.
This is not personal (at least not on my part) and I will not allow anyone to
leave that impression.

Sir Burke's words
>     "vast conspiracy"

I saw no "vast" conspiracy.  These are your words not my mine.

Sir Burke's words
>since in all of these cases the Crown
and Seneschallete were involved, I guess that you feel the Crown and
Seneschallete are wrong and should apologize.

Sir Burke, how unfair of you to try to make it sound as if I have included
the Crown in my disagreement with what the administration is doing, when in
fact just the opposite is true.  I don't believe that The Crown should ever
have to apologize to anyone for anything.  They are The Crown.  Much of my
concern, in this issue and what lies behind it, is for this Crown and all
Crown's to come.

So that there are no misunderstandings, as I feel that once again words have
been put in my mouth, let me state openly that I have GREAT FAITH in THIS
Crown and their decision making ability.  Though I feel that on this issue
they have been ill advised by their officers, Their Majesties seem to work
very hard to acquire all the facts and make their decisions based on them.
They are the Crown and Their decision will be the right one.  I am a Royalist
and will remain such for as long as I live this dream.  Sadly that may be a
much shorter time than I would wish if things continue down there current
path.

To Your Majesties,
I apologize for mentioning you in a public forum.  I felt Sir Burke's
statement had to be addressed.  I will not do it again.  I beg your
forgiveness and will express my sincere regret that you were brought up on
this list to you privately.

To those of you who have posted to me privately.
If I have not yet responded to you, I sincerely apologize, and will respond
as soon as possible.
Ian, I apparently did not receive your initial missive, however I will do my
best to respond to your post to Gwilim.

Baroness Gitana