NR - Northern Regional Tribute

CAMERON LEWIS okrabbit at home.com
Mon Jan 1 00:04:21 PST 2001

Dee said something like:

> I believe that the Northern Regional Officers should be the Stewards for the
> events and *all* the baronies, shires, and so on should foot the bill for
> the event.  The event is called Nothern Regional Tribute let the whole
> Northern Region *conTribute* to it.

I don't post much as I am shy and demure,
however I do believe that Dee's post did have a nice idea to it.
As a former Northern Regional officer and husband of a past NRT AUTOCRAT I
believe that regional duties should come with a bit of responsibility.  I know
that the NRSeneschal has lots of  business to deal with having been around when
Artorius and Siegen and Margaret were NRS, but the rest of the offices could
have a job description that could entail duties in NRT.  I also believe that
either the NRS should autocrat the event or find an autocrat themselves.  These
officers could be appointed specific duties to find sponsors for, e.g.. NR
Marshall could ask a group to help with the war college part, NR A&S could ask a
group to help with the A&S competition, and ask the same or another group to
work with classes taught.  I myself took a doublet pattern making class last
year instead of working with the war college, (5 years of being there, they
could do without me for a day) and learned tons of stuff.  In this class were
people from all over the kingdom too.  It should be given as a duty of the NR
Office to find a volunteer group not the groups in the region to volunteer for a
part.  I am not saying to leave out the groups, but the planning will always
work better with imput from a bunch of people to get ideas, and the decision
left to one person so we can all beat them up if it falls through.
The whole chain of command thing works well if we use it.  Delegate to make your
life easier and let the people that want to do stuff, do it.  One thing that I
have found in the SCA is people want to do things.  If the person in charge
delegates parts of their job out to others that want to help I don't see a
problem in this, as long as it gets done.  After living with a person that had
to personally do everything they were asked to do, or that they volunteered to
do, I have learned that sometimes you can only accomplish things with someone
else's help.

Love you Michelle,
and all of you too,
Sir Alrek