NR - Northern Regional Tribute

Jerry and Teresa Herring herring at rectec.net
Tue Jan 2 18:59:20 PST 2001

Good People,

This may seem like too little to late but please bare with me...I want to
explain something then I will stop my posting on this subject.
When asked I was the one who agreed that Northkeep would volunteer to take
up the responsibility of Sponsoring the event. I said "sure lets do it" and
I did so before even reading their Excellencies from Namron's posts. I made
the decision to help the Region and to help the Kingdom. I did not make the
desision to condone any "sanctions" or "shafting". I made the decision
before I knew there was any strife involved in the making of that decision.
I did not at the time know anything about the issues that have only partly
come to light recently. I still do not know exactly what all of the issues
are, but you can bet that I would step up and volunteer the Barony again to
serve as a Sponsor.

Why?

Because it is what you do...stand up and support the things you believe in,
Struggle through the burdens, face the difficulties and try to make the best
of things. Northkeep has an event coming up in just a few weeks but we
within the Barony are willing to work for or with our fellow Northerners on
the NRT.

I am sorry about everything that has come out since we stepped in. I wish to
help work this out and to make better neighbors with the other groups
involved in those issues. I did not do this to condone anything because at
the time I did not know about any of it. I only knew that there was a call
to serve...so we(Northkeep) answered...so what...Please do not hold that
against us. For one we do not deserve it, Two this event has a good history
despite a few problems. The Northern Regional Tribute serves a good purpose,
one worth working for and I really think that is all that matters to us.

Not belittling, or blemishing anyone else... just putting on an event.
An event where friends can meet,
fighters can fight,
bards can sing,
and the SCA can enjoy itself.

So come out people of the SCA,
meet your friends,
fight if your a fighter,
sing if your a bard.
Do what ever it is you do to feel a part of the society, but most of all
enjoy the event.

I remain,
Laird Ian Dun Gillan
Seneschal Northkeep