[NR] New Approved APD's

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Tue Jul 10 10:09:26 PDT 2001

I saw the following letter approving Siloflex APD's for combat arrows.
I have approximately 30 feet of Siloflex that I will cut up into the
Siegfriend designed segments (which should be enough for about 90 APD's)
and will be bringing them with me to all the events I go to until I get
rid of it.  Anyone who wants them feel free to find me at events or to
contact me.  Letter from Deputy Society marshal included below.

Centurian Jean Paul de Sens

Greetings!
I just had a meeting with THL Gwilym (Society Archer Marshal) tonight.
He
asked me to post this to the list and to please get the word out. We
have
Society approval on some APD's. These are the ones that have been
approved:
Siloflex 100 psi and 160 psi for use on fiberglass arrows.
These are approved with one of the following attachment methods:
Siegfried's design (internal tab):
http://cybergoyle.n3.net/tube
Robert the Bald's design (routed channel):
http://www.trimaris.org/marshall/expapd.htm
Lu-shan's design (external tab):
http://www.geocities.com/schizeckinosy/SCA/APD.html
You can use any of the three designs listed above, along with strapping
tape
to mount the APD's. If you want to use an adhesive along with one of the
above designs and the strapping tape, you can. The top piece of the APD
must be a minimum of 1". The cut of the APD from the bottom (or base)to
the
top, from the plane of the arrow, is a maximum angle of 45%.
Other designs and styles of APD's are still being tested and reviewed.
This
is what has been approved so far. The Siloflex design will work on most
target style crossbows. For other information on the APD issue and the
progress of different APD's check out this site (the testing one):
http://users.ev1.net/~theweb/apdintro.htm
We should have some new updates any time now
Please help me get the word out. We are still working on something for
wooden shafts, but this is a first step. If anyone has designs and
testing
results for APD's that work on wooden shafts, please send them to the
SAM,
ASAP. Thank you.
Tessa the Huntress
(deputy to the Society Archer Marshal)

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.
cchipman at nomadics.com
http://www.nomadics.com

--
[ image001.gif of type image/gif deleted ]