[NR] New List...I disagree...no wait now I agree

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Tue Jul 10 15:39:13 PDT 2001

I don't see a huge number of people posting saying they hate the
idea.  Heck, I never said *I* hated the idea.  All I did was ask
for someone to give a few concrete reasons why a separate list is
necessary to promote the concept of regional unity (in other words,
convince me I want to join yet another list).   I think I also said
that IMO we're reinventing the wheel.  Surely I have the same right
as anyone else to state my opinions here, in this open forum.

If people want someplace to talk about unity/identity, etc. besides
this official list, more power to 'em.  I just hate the idea that
folks who choose not to sign up may be labeled as "anti-unity"
(indicating they are somehow unwilling to help solve the problems in
this region).  I can easily see that happening and it will only build
more walls between people.

Also, I don't see the purpose in insinuating that people are throwing
jabs or insults when all I've seen so far is open, honest discussion.
No one here is attacking anyone and all it does is stir up trouble
and create hard feelings when people are accused of things they
aren't doing.

Kat