[NR] New List...I disagree...no wait now I agree

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Tue Jul 10 20:47:00 PDT 2001

> I realize that she are referring to the insinuations being
> people being accused of things that they haven't done, and
> I sympathize with that completely.
<snip>
> In short, what I'm trying to say here is that Her Excellency
> appears to feel that she is being attacked, and silenced, when
> I am certain that was no one's intent;

Actually, what I meant was:  People here *aren't* attacking each
other or insulting each other at this time (woohoo!) and I didn't
like the inferrence that it *was* going on because sometimes even the
suggestion is enough to make a thing happen.  Basically, I thought we
were finally having a nice open discussion and resented the
implication that insults were flying.

In re-reading my original post I realize that I may have been
more abrupt than I intended.  The moral to the story is, don't
respond on e-mail lists while you're sitting in 97 degree heat at
10pm waiting on the air conditioner repair man.  You'll probably be
more succinct than you should be.

There are times when I think all these e-mail lists are good for is
perpetuating misunderstandings.