[NR] New List...I disagree...no wait now I agree

Katie A Mosely kawhispers at juno.com
Wed Jul 11 15:09:08 PDT 2001

After watching the flurry of discussion and talking with my husband. I
really think that while it may be a good idea to have one Northern
regional list perhaps two is  not such a good idea. I will not say that I
hate it, however I do see some serious problems that could arise.
I think that idea of encouraging the Northern region to develop itself is
a very good one. I see many times and places where we could do more and
be better at what we do. However, I do not feel that the way to foster
this growth is to further the breakdown in communication. I think that
while new ideas are hard for people to accept, it is better for everyone
to know about them and have time to think about them. I also think that
it is better for the populace at large to know what ideas they are ready
to consider and what they are not. If this is not the time to push that
new idea perhaps then taking the discussion away from the group at large
is not the best way to handle it.
  Doing this can make people feel as if others are trying to hide things
from them, even if it is a list that anyone can sign up on. I think
perhaps instead taking a step back from the issue and really thinking
about why you agree/disagree would be more useful to promoting open and
adult discussion.
Lady Katyana