[NR] Food questions

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Sun Jul 15 21:01:30 PDT 2001

> Ceremonial roasting of dead animal flesh is a very good thing.
> A side or whole cow would be delightful...

Sigh.  It has long been a dream of many to dig a huge pit and
throwing half a carcass in to cook.  Somewhere between the
procurement of said carcass and the digging of the pit we lose
the necessary enthusiasm.  Go figure.

As numbers go, I have no idea how many people to expect.  Could be
50.  Could be 150.  I'm thinking the heat may keep some folks away,
but I've been wrong before...  The lure of singing/storytelling, and
drums, and fighting are all powerful motivators.

> Mayo or Mustard?

I have no idea what kind of potatoe salad mine is.  It's the kind
made up north (like true-yankee-Ilinois-type-north).  I'll have to
check.  I've made it all of twice in my life and once I even
remembered to cook the potatoes ;-)  So if you'd like to save the
rest of the world from my culinary expertise, feel free to bring
potatoe salad, too.

If enough folks offer to bring potatoe salad I'll happily fix
something else.  I'm flexible, as long as it doesn't have to be
cooked in the oven (yup, our stove went out along with the rest of
our household appliances - we're now on a first name basis with the
guys working at Best Buy).