[NR] Food questions

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Mon Jul 16 14:47:25 PDT 2001

Kat wrote:
>Sigh.  It has long been a dream of many to dig a huge pit and
>throwing half a carcass in to cook.  Somewhere between the
>procurement of said carcass and the digging of the pit we lose
>the necessary enthusiasm.  Go figure.

Pigs are smaller...  Kalua Pig is one of my favorite things from our time
in Hawaii.  I think they rap the pig in banana leaves and set them on the
coals and then cover it back up.  Mike Synar always had a pig picking at
his BBQ's and they were wonderful, but I don't know how or where they were
done.  I am not a feast type person, but would imagine that people did this
in Europe too and it would be awsome to do sometime.

Susan, in Service to
Truth, Beauty, Freedom,
But above all...
Love.