[NR] Picnic Food

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Mon Jul 16 14:32:41 PDT 2001

Gillian wrote:
>Ya know, as I sit here and read all of these posts, I wonder if it would be
>easier to just assign foods the old fashioned way.  Like at family reunions
>and such, where you brought something based on the first letter of your
>name.

This sounds great, expecially as my letter has simple things for me to
bring.  I find that interesting, as the SCA is the only place where we have
ever really had the assigned items.  All of the potluck groups I have ever
been associated with were usually pretty well established and people had
certain things you just knew would be there.  Through my entire childhood I
always knew that my grandmother would take a sour cream chocolate cake,
made from cream she soured.  My mother usually always took an enormous pot
of homemade chicken and noodles (I loved the noodles spread all over the
kitchen in the days before, drying) and the most heavenly sweet tea
ever.  I have a few recipes that people have given me, only because I was
moving away and wouldn't bring them there.

Saturday is sounding like such a wonderful day, I hope we have incredibly
beautiful weather.  Peg has decieded to join us as it sounds so
pleasent.  Will those who have games bring them out?  I am sure Peg would
love to play the Norse board game that Ulf and My travel with.

Susan, in Service to
Truth, Beauty, Freedom,
But above all...
Love.