[NR] A missive from Her Majesty

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Jul 18 05:00:40 PDT 2001

Stephanie Drake (steldr at home.net) said something that sounded like:
> There is a stuffed egg recipe from period - I will have to look around for
> it..............

                               Eggs Farced

Recipe By     : Anne-Marie Rousseau
Categories    : Egg Dishes

   2      tablespoons   butter
   1      tablespoon    fresh dill -- minced
   6      whole         egg -- hardboiled
   2      each          green onion -- minced
   1      pinch         salt
   1      teaspoon      fresh savory -- minced
   1      teaspoon      sorrell -- minced
   1      pinch         nutmeg
   1      tablespoon    balsamic vinegar

Cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolk.  Saute savory, sorell, green
onions and dill in 1 tablespoon of the butter.  Add the vinegar, salt, nutmeg
and rest of the butter. Mix egg yolks with the sauteed herbs and stirr over low
heat until smooth and thick.  Fill the egg white halves and serve.
Makes 12 filled egg halves, with some leftover stuffing goop, oh darn!

--
Pug Bainter                                        |        AMD, Inc.
System Engineer, MTS                               |      Mail Stop 625