[NR] a challenge of peace

Reihla at aol.com Reihla at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 14:39:50 PDT 2001

I think there must have been some misunderstanding or miscommunication
somewhere.

Yesterday evening at the revel, the Crown called all of the landeds to them
to discuss the building of an arch to serve as a point of renewal for the
people of this  region.  (HE Catrin had to leave early and was not present,
but we were told she approved of this project, as well).  As presented to us,
the arch would be created jointly by the 4 northern baronies.  It would serve
as a visual reminder of a renewed committment to put past issues behind us
and move forward in friendship.  The point was made, and I strongly agree,
that the shires & cantons should be involved as well.

Their Majesties indicated their wish that the arch be ready by Northkeep's
upcoming investiture.  They felt that this would be a most appropriate time
to present the arch and renew the region's committment to working together in
peace.

I don't feel Maleah's tone was combative.  She simply feels very strongly
that the problems in the North were not caused by the deaths of our friends.
As a member of one of the baronies hit hard by these losses, I agree.  We
have grieved and moved on and are stronger.  I would prefer to remember our
fallen with worthy memorials and happy memories, not make them somehow a part
of the recent turmoil they had no part in creating.

I agreed to support this project as it was presented to me by Their Majesties
and I will do so.  This idea has the great potential of returning beauty and
cameraderie to our game.  Let's please not turn it into yet another "us vs.
them" issue from the outset.