[NR] Virtual Scribe

Chandranath chandra at plumes.org
Sun Jul 29 19:25:11 PDT 2001

Gentles,

There seems to be some confusion about virtual scribes, in part due to the
lack of published information concerning the post, which I regret (but
can't do much about, except for this mail).

A local branch may or may not have a virtual scribe -- it's optional.  A
warranted virtual scribe is handled like any other local office -- it's
appointed by the regional virtual scribe after due consultation with the
leadership of the branch in question.  If a group does not have a virtual
scribe for whatever reason, they still have recourse to having a web
presence on the ansteorra server -- they simply have to work through the
regional virtual scribe.  (This includes cantons.  A barony is not responsible
for their canton's web pages, although of course they may put what they wish,
within SCA rules and guidelines, on the barony's pages.)

If you are unclear on who your local branch's virtual scribe is, consult
your branch officers.  (If you are your branch's officers and don't know,
then you should probably talk to me ASAP.  Hee.)  If you don't have one and
need to contact the northern regional virtual scribe, or need to contact
the northern regional virtual scribe for ANY reason, really, the best
address is northern_vscribe at ansteorra.org, although the address on my post
here will do in a pinch, as long as I'm it. :)

For the record, the only northern branches that definitely have no virtual
scribe (and no direct access to their web pages) are Rundel and the
dormant Falconridge.

Hopefully this clears matters up.

Chandra
Northern Regional Virtual Scribe
northern_vscribe at ansteorra.org

--
Shri Chandranath, Cadet to Don Timothy, Pursuivant Extraordinaire
Northern Regional Virtual Scribe