[NR] Populace Activities

Chandranath chandra at plumes.org
Sun Jun 17 01:49:32 PDT 2001

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 02:19:34AM -0500, Susan O'Neal wrote:
> I am curious about what all gatherings of people
> (fighter practices, various guilds and populace meetings) people do that
> serve these functions for their groups.  What do you all do on a monthly
> basis within your groups and how is it working?

Off the top of my head, and our chronicler will surely abuse me for my
forgetfulness, Mooneschadowe is something like:

First Tuesday: business meeting of the populace
Second Tuesday: newcomers and heraldry meeting of the populace
Third Tuesday: A&S meeting of the populace
Fourth Tuesday: dance meeting of the populace
Fifth Tuesday: reval
(the above all at our community center location)
Wednesdays (I think): heavy weapons practice
alternating Thursdays and Fridays: rapier practice
last Sunday: scribal guild, officers' meeting
every other Thursday (staggered with rapier): musicians' guild
I'm at a loss to describe exactly when: armorers' guild, kitcheners' guild,
                                        sewing guild, brewers' guild,
                                        dance guild,
                                        and I believe a woodworking guild
I feel like I've left out a heavy weapons regular session, perhaps, and I
believe the illuminators have joined with the scribal guild but...oh well,
you get the gist.  The details will doubtless be corrected by my good
shirefellows, and I will readily excuse myself by the lateness of the hour. :)

Chandra

--
Shri Chandranath, Cadet to Don Timothy, Pursuivant Extraordinaire
Northern Regional Virtual Scribe