[NR] Northkeep's Castellan

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Mon Jun 4 06:39:01 PDT 2001

At 01:16 AM 6/3/01 -0500, Dwen wrote:
>>If memory serves, Master Daniel Blackaxe was Premiere Castellan at the first
>>Castellan event by the "Shire" of Northkeep.

That is correct, and he is noted as such in our lists of who should be remembered
and honored for what.

When the group became a Barony, the rules were changed about how the award was to be
won (don't ask me how), which had the (I believe) unintended result in making winning the
Baronial Castellan award far more challenging.

Although it was almost managed a few years ago, this is the first year anyone's actually
managed to pull it off.

I'm reasonably certain that this was not intended to slight any of the winners who came
before, just to indicate that with the change in the awards structure, the event changed.

Marc/Diarmaid